quinta-feira, 12 de março de 2009

There is a popular saying in English that goes like this: "All work no play has made Jack a dull boy."
This band called "Casting Crowns" reformulated it and made it like this: "All work no play may have made Jack a dull boy, but all work no God has left Jack with a lost soul." I love the way they rewrote it because it is so true! What are people's objectives nowadays? All they want is money, fame or maybe not that, but financial stability and social status. Don't think that I have never desired such things, but what I am questioning here is people's putting these things in the first place. There are more important things in life than money and success and currently people seem to have forgotten that. How many children grow without the presence of their parents because they're working? How many felons would've been avoided if only their parents had been around and supportive? This is hard to get nowadays. The other day, I was talking to two guys telling them that when I was little I used to watch the news with my father because that's what he used to tell me when I asked him to play with me. He would say, "We'll play after the news" and I would lie down and watch the news on TV. After watching them, he would play with me. How startled was I when both of these guys said at the same time, "my father never played with me." It is so incredible... but it is real. And it has been more and more real over the past years. But most of all, parents work a lot and teach their kids to do the same. I am not saying here, dear reader, that people should not work, but that it should not be their number one priority. After kids become adults, they will go on to live empty lives and wil do same to their kids as their parents did to them. Think about it... life is much more worthy than money.

Nenhum comentário: